Filament Games seeks an experienced game producer to join our team of passionate and talented creators working towards successful game releases with our prestigious clientele in the games for impact space.
You are someone who keeps every detail documented. Nothing makes you happier than having a plan and keeping that plan updated and accurate until you’ve reached the end goal. You love getting things right the first time, but are excited to tackle challenging problems when things don’t go as planned. You love collaborating with team members and helping interdisciplinary teams get the job done. You are a clear, confident, and concise communicator that doesn’t lack empathy when discussing difficult situations. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Gate releases in conjunction with QA Director
- Manage individual projects
- Manage client/stakeholder expectations
- Deliver sprint versions to the client/stakeholder, for review
- Run daily Scrum meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (JIRA currently)
- Provide documentation of planning meetings as needed
- Advocate for defect fixing each sprint to maintain product quality and mitigate technical debt
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Surface team velocity issues on projects
- Resolve team conflicts
- Facilitate team meetings
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Facilitate usability tests for their projects
- Assist QA lead with QA/QC and user testing
- Provide leadership with regular project updates in order to process invoices, forecast project completion date, plan staffing, and forecast profit margin
- Schedule regular meetings along the development lifespan
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of professional project management experience
- Served in a leadership role on a team that shipped at least one commercial game or app (educational or entertainment)
- Planned and managed at least one project from start to finish
- Able to manage staggered production schedules and concurrent projects
- Able to manage teams and hold them accountable for goals and milestones
- Comprehensive understanding of the game development lifecycle, from concept to submission and post launch
- Comprehensive understanding of game development disciplines and how tasks flow between roles
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Hansoft, or other project management tool
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, Airtable or similar spreadsheet software
- Proficiency in JIRA, Trello, or similar task tracking software
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability in tackling new challenges, even when outside your immediate area of responsibility
- Adept at negotiating terms with clients and vendors
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Unity
- Scrum Master experience
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
- Self- motivated and able to take the initiative as the need arises
- Excellent note taker
- Persistence to get-things-done
- Cool under pressure
- Demonstrates thoroughness in completing assignments
- Well-versed, passionate gamer who is able to not only speak "the language" that gamers use but also communicate this language in an understandable manner to clients
- Detail orientated and dependable
About Filament Games
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, causal dress everyday, grill outs, sketch comedy classes, Show-n-Tells, and the occasional paintball battle.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer’s Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison’s nightlife.
Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, short & long term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized bus fare, discounted gym membership, profit sharing, and unlimited paid time off.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.