Filament Games is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our team on a contractual basis.
Work will largely consist of the following:
- Wireframing, Mockups, and Storyboarding
- Turning the above into game-ready assets and animations and implementing in Unity
- Integration of 3D assets
- Play a key role in shaping the style and “feel”
- Design digital interactions that are easy to learn, a pleasure to interact with, and augment the user’s comprehension of the subject matter
- Work iteratively with the game design team to translate pitches and storyboards into wireframes/mockups/prototypes/animatics that explore and communicate the design
- Revise work according to critique, changing requirements, and user and stakeholder feedback
- Collaborate with Illustration team to generate comprehensive UI asset lists and translate wireframes/mockups into game-ready assets
- Effectively utilize motion design principles to amplify input and “juice up” feedback
- Familiar with game development pipelines and technical constraints, particularly with respect to UI integration
- Demonstrated ability to use visuals and motion to clearly communicate complex interactions
- Strong animation skills with a good sense of motion and timing
- Strong visual literacy: layout, color, visual hierarchy, and typography
- Technical art experience
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive, visually appealing UI assets
- Comfortable designing in a wide variety of styles
- Experience building games in Unity
AVAILABLE PROJECT TIMELINES
- December - January | writing tool | storyboards, wireframing, ui mockups
- December - August | kids music game | Unity2D/3D, wireframing, UI assets, tech art & impl.
- January - May | kids science game | HTML5/Unity2D, wireframing, UI assets, tech art & impl.
- January - July | children's reading game | Unity2D, tech art & implementation
- January - August | military simulation | Unity2D/3D, wireframing, tech art & implementation
- January - June | VR/AR cardboard | Unity3D, wireframing, tech art & implementation
- February - October | financial sim game | Unity2D, wireframing, tech art & implementation
About Filament Games
Filament Games is a game production studio that creates digital learning games and interactives. Our mission is to create playful experiences that improve people's lives. We believe that games are a powerful way to engage and inspire learners, and we approach game design by translating learning objectives directly into meaningful gameplay mechanics and playful curriculum materials.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch comedy classes, Show-n-Tells, and the occasional paintball battle.
- Our stylish office is located on the top floor of 316 West Washington, and offers stunning views of the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer’s Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison’s nightlife.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance.